axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: wrapped services
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:08:20 GMT
Davanum Srinivas [mailto:dims@yahoo.com] wrote:

> Not really -
frlrfsystemwebservicesprotocolssoapparameterstyleclasstopic.asp

Okay, I read it, but I don't understand what it means.  "Wrapped" is the
default.  And that means, "Parameters sent to and from an XML Web service
method are encapsulated within a single XML element followig the Body
element of the XML portion of a SOAP request or SOAP response."

Within a single XML element?  It's going to send everything as attributes
rather than nested elements??

Google has not yet turned up an example of what a SOAP request coming from
ASP under .NET looks like by default.  All I want is some sample ASP code
and the resulting outgoing SOAP message.  Surely it's out there somewhere...

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.