axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: wrapped services
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:51:12 GMT
> From what I can gather -- wrapped services are simply a clever hack
> to buy me rpc-like functionality via a doc/literal service?
> Seems like a dangerous leg to stand on considering that it's not
> standard (regardless of msft defaults ;)) and the interpretation of
> what represents a wrapped service is left to the framework (even
> though there's a general understanding).
> That said, if I go pure doc/literal, I'm likely to be handed the
> root of the envelope by Axis (is this the case?)

I don't think you get the root of the envelope unless you go with Message
style and use this signature:
  public void method(SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp);

Can you clarify what you mean by "msft defaults"?  I'm trying to do some
services that will be consumed by people doing ASP stuff on IIS.  It's
definitely a case of the blind leading the blind, and I'm trying to figure
out which of Axis' styles would make life easiest on them.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.