axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Rajkovic <eric.rajko...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: FW: another doc/literal issue
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:14:45 GMT
Tony,

see comment inline.

The

eric

Tony Opatha wrote:
> By DEFAULT does not .NET/WSE based SOAP client send Doc/Lit request
> in bare format rather than wrapped format.

.Net based client send requests that match the WSDL used when you generate
the Web reference; there is no default for the client stub. The default is
meaningfull when you want to deploy a service with .Net. With VS .Net 2003,
by default, you get doc/lit/wrapped with the addNumbers cory is using.

> Wrapped format is being discouraged and probably nopt very well documented
> by Microsoft.

Why are you saying that wrapped is discouraged? I was under the impression
that axis has also defined a wrapped style in WSDD.

> Shouldn't .NET developers and AXIS applications that interface with .NET
> NOT use wrapped format since it is not compliant with WS-I??

Regarding WS-I, the part which is discouraged is the use of SOAPAction to
dispatch messages. 'SOAPAction is purely a hint to processors' (see
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/Basic/2003-06/BasicProfile-1.0-BdAD.html#refinement34343864).