axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stu Halloway (DevelopMentor)" <...@develop.com>
Subject Axis 1.1 generates incorrect code for maxOccurs="unbounded"?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:24:18 GMT
Hi all,

I am building an Axis Web service to be consumed by a .NET client, and
so far neither side's code generation or marshalling is behaving as I
would expect.

Given this element:

   <xs:element name="Out1">
     <xs:complexType>
       <xs:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
         <xs:element name="Out1Item1" type="xs:string"/>
         <xs:element name="Out1Item2" type="xs:int"/>
       </xs:sequence>
     </xs:complexType>
   </xs:element>

Axis is generating a class that allows only single values for Out1Item1
and Out1Item2, i.e.

     public class _Out1  implements java.io.Serializable {
     private java.lang.String out1Item1;
     private int out1Item2;

     public java.lang.String getOut1Item1() {
         return out1Item1;
     }

     public void setOut1Item1(java.lang.String out1Item1) {
         this.out1Item1 = out1Item1;
     }
     //etc.

Is this expected?

You can download the full example at
http://staff.develop.com/halloway/ReturnArrays.html. If this is a known
bug I would be interested in helping to fix it.

Regards,
Stu
http://staff.develop.com/halloway/weblog