axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Shantanu Sen <s...@pacbell.net>
Subject soap fault and WSDL2Java question
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:05:16 GMT
When I use the following WSDL file, I get this error,
even though the WSDL is validated by Cape Clear WSDL
editor, and I see the name attribute is there.

java.io.IOException: ERROR: Fault is missing a name=
attribute in operation "MyOperation", in binding
{http://MyService}rpc-encoded.        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.faultsFromSOAPFault(Symb
olTable.java:1988)        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populateBindings(SymbolT
able.java:1801)        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:577)        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:421
)        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:408)        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:393)        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:245)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

The WSDL file is attadched, but here is the relvant
section:

<binding name="rpc-encoded" type="tns:MyPort">
    <soap:binding style="rpc"
    <operation name="MyOperation">
      <soap:operation soapAction="MyOperation"/>
      <input>
        <soap:body use="encoded"
namespace="http://MyService"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
      </input>
      <output>
        <soap:body use="encoded"
namespace="http://MyService"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
      </output>
      <fault>
        <soap:fault  name="tns:MyF"  use="encoded"
namespace="http://MyService"
/>
      </fault>
    </operation>
</binding>

I am declaring the name attribute here, as you can
see. But with Axis 1.1 I get the above error. It runs
fine with Axis 1.0, which, I believe ignores the name
attribute in a soap fault declaration.

Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks,
Shantanu Sen