axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Christian J. Bauer" <c.ba...@mc-lindinger.de>
Subject Non printable Chars in Strings
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:15:14 GMT
Hi,

currently, we were transferring non printable Chars ins Strings via SOAP to
our server. This worked with Apache SOAP 2.3 but unfortunateley, when using
AXIS 1.1 as a client i'll get the following Message:

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Character reference
&quot;&amp;#2&quot; is an invalid XML character.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

I'm using the BEANSerializerFactory for an object containing an array of
Strings with the following Content: "aaaaa\002bbbb".

Any tips for "getting around" this behaviour ? It works for Apache SOAP, but
now I have to Base64 encode/decode those strings that will make the server
incompatible with current SOAP Clients :-(

Kind regards,
Christian