axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Jain" <Eric.J...@isb-sib.ch>
Subject Re: Axis Performance problem
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:36:35 GMT
Axis Performance problem> Also, are you using DOM or SAX for your XML
work - SAX would be
> better as it is more efficient and does not load the entire document
> into memory prior to doing anything with it like DOM does.

Would that do any good here? It seems Axis needs to have the complete
message (with the possible exception of attachments) in memory anyways
before sending it. If there is any way to stream back results from an
Axis server, I'd be very interested! (I have to return arrays that
contain several thousand small strings - not a big problem on the client
side, but a server that must handle several clients at a time runs out
of memory *very* soon...)

--
Eric Jain