axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jan Agermose" <...@agermose.dk>
Subject Re: Axis vs Glue
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:00:05 GMT
well no, im not really saying anything - more asking :-) Im reading the documentation for Glue
and it seams very simple to get going, where as axis, well I played around with it (1.1 rc1
I think) an it was somewhat difficult to get going. To me anyways :-D And then the performance
question and IDE integration.... Well I use ant, and performance might not be my number one
right now...

Actually .NET is nice to - very simple, good integration and as excellent performance - it
just... is not java ;-)

Jan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: santosh.joshi@bt.com
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 10:27 AM
  Subject: RE: Axis vs Glue

  Anne,

  Are you saying that AXIS (supported by IBM and Apache) is not as good as GLUE?

  Who supports The Mind Electric? (Unless Microsoft does!!)

  I would think that AXIS is a safer bet, so that finally when Web Services standards fully
mature, then one can migrate to a professional product (if need be). Given the history of
Apache organisation and given that AXIS is likely to be a benchmark system for other vendors,
I would still bet on AXIS rather than other vendors.

  May be it's just me :-)

  Regards,

  Santosh