axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Jain" <Eric.J...@isb-sib.ch>
Subject Re: MIME and DIME
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:01:05 GMT
RE: MIME and DIME>     MessageContext msgContext =
MessageContext.getCurrentContext();
>     Message response = msgContext.getResponseMessage();
>     response.getAttachmentsImpl().setSendType(
>
> org.apache.axis.attachments.Attachments.SEND_TYPE_DIME);
>
>     response.addAttachmentPart(response.createAttachmentPart(
>                                new DataHandler(new
> FileDataSource(tempFile))));

Thanks, this solves one half of the problem :-)

> However, I'm not sure that it is possible to determine which type a
> client supports, and thus change the attachment format based on that.

This would be important. Does anyone know how to detect .NET clients?
Maybe through an HTTP header value? If not, we will have to require a
custom SOAP header to be set that specifies the expected attachment
type. Ugly...

--
Eric Jain