axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Toshiyuki Kimura" <kimura...@nttdata.co.jp>
Subject RE: Configuring a web service object
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:12:51 GMT
Hi Joel,

  I cannot see the situation why you need the following actions.
Who creates various other objects, almost before the Web Service
realizes it ?
  Anyway, my answer to you is as follows.

| 1) How can I programmatically get access to that instance so
|    I can send it some objects that it will interact with

 How do you like to;
  - implement a singleton as a objects manager ?
    For example, by using a HashMap table.
  - implement a setParameter(obj) as a WebService method ?
    The obj should be serializable as XML data.
  - store these objects into Datastore like as a database ?
    These objects should be serializable as byte arrays.
      :
  Any other ideas ?

| 2) How can I control the instantiation of that instance so
|    I can pass it some objects that it will interact with.

  No way.  Because it's instantiated when it has the first access.

Best Regards,

   Toshi (Toshiyuki Kimura) <kimuratsy@nttdata.co.jp>
   R&D Headquarters
   NTT DATA Corporation