axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian_McInt...@dola.wa.gov.au
Subject Array cannot be null
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 03:55:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm using axis client code to call a .NET web service.  One of the
parameters to the service is a byte array, and I've verified that it's not
null as it gets passed in, but I still get the error:

Server was unable to process request. --> Array cannot be null.
Parameter name: bytes

There is no parameter named bytes, either in the wsdl or in the client code
so I'm not sure where this is coming from.  The entire stack trace is
below.  I'd appreciate any help with this.

cheers,
Ian

Server was unable to process request. --> Array cannot be null.
Parameter name: bytes
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:251)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:168)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1015)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:568)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.handleEndElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.java:853)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.java:643)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:3006)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:930)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.handleEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1145)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:988)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1446)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:525)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:581)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1157)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
        at
AgencyInterfaceClient.submitSaleAdvice(AgencyInterfaceClient.java:90)
        at TestClientAgency.main(TestClientAgency.java:49)