axis-java-user mailing list archives

From michael_sobc...@nutechs.com
Subject Beginner question
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:47:32 GMT
Hi,

I have experience with Java and XML, but am very new to AXIS and WSDL.
I've been trying to invoke the DailyDilbert web service and get a
response, with no success.  I'm getting the following Exception when I run
my Java code:

SoapException:Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
SOAPAction: .

I've included my code below.  If anyone would be willing to tell me what
I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm using axis-1_1RC2 and xerces-1_4_4

import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
import org.apache.axis.client.Service;

import javax.xml.namespace.QName;

public class TestClient3
{
       try {
           String endpoint =
 "http://www.esynaps.com/WebServices/DailyDiblert.asmx?wsdl";

           Service  service = new Service();
           Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();

           call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
           call.setOperationName(new QName("http://tempuri.org/",
"DailyDilbertImagePath") );

           String ret = (String) call.invoke(new Object[] { "" });

           System.out.println("Got: '" + ret + "'");
       } catch (Exception e) {
           System.err.println(e.toString());
       }
   }