axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: typeDesc (repost)
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:57:50 GMT

Hi Chris:

> I am attempting to process my first WSDL w/ Axis.
> Unfortunately one of my
> types is defined as TypeDesc, and thus becomes getTypeDesc(),
> etc in the
> generated Bean. This directly conflicts with the
> getTypeDesc(), etc that
> Axis places into the files on it's own. (BTW: perhaps it
> might be good if
> Axis used _TypeDesc to avoid this conflict)

Ugh.  It's going to be a little difficult for us to switch this, but I think you're right,
we probably should do something like that.  It's less the TypeDesc type itself (since that
will be packaged and therefore differentiated correctly) and more the getTypeDesc() API which
we should likely change to _getTypeDesc().

> Is there a workaround for this problem?? Will I need to hack the Axis
> source??  It appears that I could modify JavaUtils.keywords to contain
> "typeDesc". Would that be enough to workaround the problem??
> I cannot change
> the XSD on my side as the code is used in many places out of
> my control.

I'm not sure that would work, but it's worth a try.  Give it a shot and report back what happens.
 Regardless, it would be great if you could open a bugzilla bug about this issue.

Mind if I ask what schema you're using that uses that name?  (just curious)

--Glen