axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Woinoski <micha...@pineneedleconsulting.com>
Subject Re: enabling SOAPMonitor with Axis embedded in a web app
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:18:19 GMT
Rick,
My basic Axis installation (happyaxis, etc.) is ok. Here's my situation: First,
I deployed my service by copying the class files to Axis's WEB-INF\classes
directory. I ran AdminClient against AxisServlet
(http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AxisServlet) using a deploy.wsdd that
contains the requestFlow and responseFlow elements for soapmonitor. The service
and SoapMonitor work fine. So far, so good.

However, I prefer to deploy the service by including it in a webapp, as
described in the Axis docs under "Advanced Installation"
(AXIS_HOME/docs/install.html#advanced). In this case, I copied the contents of
Axis's web.xml into my app's web.xml, copied the Axis jar files into my app's
WEB-INF/lib directory and deployed the app on Tomcat, then ran AdminClient
against AxisServlet in my application
(http://localhost:8080/myapp/services/AxisServlet). If deploy.wsdd does not
contain the requestFlow and responseFlow elements for soapmonitor, this "add
Axis to webapp" deployment works fine and I can access the service endpoint. But
if deploy.wsdd contains the requestFlow and responseFlow for soapmonitor, the
server throws the exception when I try to access the endpoint.

The SoapMonitor link below mentioned server-config.wsdd. I'm not sure what
AdminClient does with the service's config info when the service is deployed
with the "add Axis to webapp" approach. I tried copying Axis's
server-config.wsdd to my app's WEB-INF, then tried deleting some elements, etc.,
but couldn't find a permutation that worked.

Regards,
Mike