axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Black <jbl...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: OT Problem Domain question
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:27:13 GMT
Jim Collins wrote:

>I have a number of clients that receive an XML datafeed. This datafeed can
>change due to various circumstances and I would like all the clients to be
>notified of any change. Would it be possible for a Web Service to notify all
>clients of a change or would the clients need to continually poll the Web
>Service for any changes.

  I am not positive what the ramifications would be, but callbacks may
be an option here.

  If all of your clients have web servers, a better solution might be to
have a cgi program that your server contacts to inform them of any change.

  Just some thoughts.

--
"We do not lose our identity in our relations with others; in part, at least, we achieve our
identity by those relations." Tony Blair, 1993