axis-java-user mailing list archives

From ow <oneway_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Axis/Tomcat memory leak?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:28:00 GMT
java version "1.4.1_02"
Tomcat 4.1.24
Axis 1.1 Build 0206 June 7 2003

Hi,

A deployed WS works fine for 1, 10, ..., 10K invocations. With 100K
invocations, Tomcat dies with OutOfMemoryError. I'm pretty sure that it's not a
problem with the logic that the WS calls since the logic works for 10M
invocations without any problems.

The WS was deployed with deployscope="session" and I see about 66K of
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession objects hanging around. It appears
that new session is created for each WS call even though I reuse the same
"binding" for all calls. BTW, changing scope to "application" does not help,
Tomcat still dies with OutOfMemoryError. Also, there's about 13K instances of
java.util.Hashmap which seems somewhat large ...

I can increase the Tomcat's heap at startup and then 100K invocations work fine
but, obviously, this is not a solution in the long term.

Any ideas? Thanks