axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Stefan J <stefanc...@yahoo.se>
Subject WSDL, WSIF and multipart-related
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:50:14 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm confused about how WSDL works. I have a WSDL file like the following, which defines an
action called SayHello that I want to invoke by using WSIF's dynamic invoker on the command
line:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<definitions name="Mimetest" .../>

<message name="TestRequest">

    <part name="body" element="string"/>

    <part name="attch" element="string"/>

</message>

<portType name="TestPortType">

    <operation name="SayHello">

        <input message="wsdlns:TestRequest"/>

        <output message="wsdlns:TestRequest"/>

    </operation>

</portType>

<binding name="TestPortTypeBinding" type="wsdlns:TestPortType">

    <soap:binding style="document"

         <operation name="SayHello">

               <soap:operation soapAction="Hello"/>

               <input>

                    <mime:multipartRelated>

                    <mime:part>

                              <soap:body parts="body" use="literal"/>

                    </mime:part>

                    <mime:part>

                               <mime:content part="attch" type="*/*"/>

                    </mime:part>

                   </mime:multipartRelated>

          </input>

</binding>

</definitions>

What I thought the outcome would be, when I envoke it, was a mime-soap message, something
like this:

SoapAction: "Hello"

--- NextPart_adasdasd asdasdasd

<?xml version=1.0?>

<soapenv:Envelope

And so on, the soap-body as the first attachment and then the rest of the multipart-mime.

But instead I get something like this when it is sent to the HTTP-server:

content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8

accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime, multipart/related, text/*

user-agent: Axis/1.0

host: 127.0.0.1:8080

cache-control: no-cache

pragma: no-cache

soapaction: "Hello"

content-length: 429

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

<soapenv:Body>

<attch xsi:type="xsd:string" xmlns="http://tmpurl.org/mimetest.wsdl">14</attch>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Does anyone have a clue on what's going on? How can I generate the mime-document instead of
the xml I get? It seems I have really misunderstood the meaning of WSDL or something. Is it
not meant to be able to produce the MIME as well as the XML?

Cheers,

Stefan

Gå före i kön och få din sajt värderad på nolltid med Yahoo! Express