axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject Re: passing xml file as a parameter to a web-service
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:43:31 GMT
If you want to pass a full XML file (as opposed to an XML element), you have to pass it as
an attachment. The SOAP message is itself an XML file, and XML does not permit you to embed
an XML file within an XML file.

Normally, the SOAP runtime doesn't manage, manipulate, or validate the contents of an attachment,
but you could implement a handler to validate it.

Anne
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Anuradha S
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 12:24 AM
  Subject: passing xml file as a parameter to a web-service

  Hi,

      Can we pass an xml file as a parameter to a web-
  service. If yes can the validation of that file with
  respect to some schema also be done at the time of
  invocation. Please give me some pointers in this issue.

  Regards,
  Anuradha

  DISCLAIMER:
  This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before
opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Private
Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments
emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake
please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note
that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper,
untimely or incomplete transmission.