axis-java-user mailing list archives

From v.krishnamoor...@accenture.com
Subject RE: Pbm on invoking a service ..........
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 15:11:25 GMT

Hi Greg.,

Thanks for ur reply..

1. Did WSDL4J.jar file has any other supporting jar files to get sync at
run time ..? I've WSDL4J.jar in the classpath which is shipped with AXIS
1.0... Still I'm getting the same exception while appending "?wsdl" with
the deployed service URL ...

[5/5/03 19:35:15:067 IST]  cc46c37 WebGroup      X Servlet Error:
javax.wsdl.Definition: method
getBinding(Ljavax/xml/namespace/QName&#59;)Ljavax/wsdl/Binding&#59;

not found: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.wsdl.Definition: method
getBinding(Ljavax/xml/namespace/QName;)Ljavax/wsdl/Binding; not found
      at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.writeBinding(Emitter.java:611)
      at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.getWSDL(Emitter.java:332)
      at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:235)
      at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.generateWSDL(JavaProvider.java:418)

      at
org.apache.axis.strategies.WSDLGenStrategy.visit(WSDLGenStrategy.java:72)
      at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
      at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.generateWSDL(SimpleChain.java:143)

2. I've tried to invoke a simple EJB Component as a webservice.. While
deploying the service mentioned below, I'm getting the "No service class
was found! " exception..I've placed the remote and home interface class
files under the webinf / classes directory... but still It looking for
"className" option ..

We are using Websphere Application Server 4.0.5 as an Appserver ...
<service name="TestBeanService" provider="java:EJB">
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="getName"/>
  <parameter name="jndiURL" value="iiop://localhost:900"/>
  <parameter name="jndiContextClass" value
="com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory"/>
  <parameter name="remoteInterfaceName" value="com.popat.TestBean"/>
  <parameter name="homeInterfaceName" value="com.popat.TestBeanHome"/>
  <parameter name="beanJNDIName" value="TestBeanJNDIName"/>
 </service>

Any help is appreciated ...

krishna

              "Bobak, Greg P."

              <GregBobak@ColeNational.c         To:      "'axis-user@ws.apache.org'" <axis-user@ws.apache.org>

              om>                               cc:

                                                Subject: RE: Pbm on invoking a service ..........

              05/05/2003 09:33 PM

              Please respond to

              axis-user

Krishna,

All I can think of, in this case, is that perhaps you have the wrong
version of WSDL4J.jar in your WEB-INF/lib or classpath.  The trace shows it
is finding the class, but not the method.  Although in both 1.3 and 1.4 of
WSDL4J, the method exists.   Something is not synchronized.

G.

Greg Bobak

I'm having WSDL4J.jar file in my classpath...

I'm getting the following exception whilst trying to generate wsdl file
from the deployed webservice...

[5/5/03 19:35:15:067 IST]  cc46c37 WebGroup      X Servlet Error:
javax.wsdl.Definition: method
getBinding&#40;Ljavax/xml/namespace/QName&#59;&#41;Ljavax/wsdl/Binding&#59;

not found: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.wsdl.Definition: method
getBinding(Ljavax/xml/namespace/QName;)Ljavax/wsdl/Binding; not found
      at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.writeBinding(Emitter.java:611)
      at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.getWSDL(Emitter.java:332)
      at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:235)
      at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.generateWSDL(JavaProvider.java:418)

      at
org.apache.axis.strategies.WSDLGenStrategy.visit(WSDLGenStrategy.java:72)
      at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
      at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.generateWSDL(SimpleChain.java:143)

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks
krishna

              "Bobak, Greg P."

              <GregBobak@ColeNational.c         To:
"'axis-user@ws.apache.org'" <axis-user@ws.apache.org>

              om>                               cc:

                                                Subject: RE: Pbm on
invoking a service ..........

              05/05/2003 07:18 PM

              Please respond to

              axis-user

Are you getting an error when you attempt to do this?  Can you forward the
error?  The only time I have had a problem generating the WSD from the URL
is when the WSDL4J.jar was not in WEB-INF/lib.

If you are getting no errors, and are using a browser other than IE, try
viewing the source.  With Netscape, and no CSS or XSLT, XML only shows up
in the source.

Greg Bobak