axis-java-user mailing list archives

From v.krishnamoor...@accenture.com
Subject Re: Pbm on invoking a service ..........
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 13:38:44 GMT

Hi Sree.,

We are using WSAD in our proj and I've installed AXIS in WSAD with "WAS
Test Environment " as Application server....

While running the server with the log4j Property file settings mentioned
below ., I'm getting the following exception..

log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.DEBUG
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "DEBUG".

Any way, I tried with the log4j.property file from AXIS.jar file, by
importing it into the web-inf/classes directory. Its creating a log file
for me during server startup, but without any logging informations...The
log4j property file doesn't contain the Debug or Error mode setup ...

1. Still I couldn't able to generate the wsdl file by appending "?wsdl" in
the service URL path. I'm getting "PageNotFoundException"...
2. How to setup the DEBUG, ERROR mode setup in the log4j property file?..
since I'm getting the above exception for those settings..

I'm posting the log file Information..

# Set root category priority to INFO and its only appender to CONSOLE.
#log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE
log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE, LOGFILE

# Set the enterprise logger category to FATAL and its only appender to
CONSOLE.
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=FATAL, CONSOLE, LOGFILE
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis = DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.encoding = INFO
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.utils=INFO
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.message=INFO

# CONSOLE is set to be a ConsoleAppender using a PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=INFO
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=- %m%n

# LOGFILE is set to be a File appender using a PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=C:
\\ART\\ART_VIEW\\working\\AXISClient\\axis.log
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Append=true
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Threshold=INFO
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

Any help is appreciated !!!

krishna

              Sree Pillai

              <sree_b_pillai@yahoo.com         To:      axis-user@ws.apache.org

              >                                cc:

                                               Subject: Re: Pbm on invoking a service ..........

              05/03/2003 01:40 AM

              Please respond to

              axis-user

Create a log4j property file and put the property file
in web-inf\classes directory. You should get detail
error messages on axislog.log.

#
# Log4j configuration file.
#
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, A2
#
# Available levels are DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, FATAL
#
#
# A2 is a DailyRollingFileAppender
#

log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A2.file=axislog.log
log4j.appender.A2.datePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.A2.append=true
 log4j.appender.A2.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p
%d{ISO8601} [%t] %c{2}:%x %M %L - %m%n

-lhttp://localhost:8080/AXISClient/services/AdminService

"http://localhost:8080/AXISClient/services/AdminService?wsdl