axis-java-user mailing list archives

From kkr...@bankofny.com
Subject Doc/literal newbie needs help
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 18:37:37 GMT
I'm not sure I can do what I want to do and in frustration
am hoping someone on this list can help me.

I'm trying to use Axis as a client to a complex schema-defined
web service. I have samples of the messages I should be
sending, but I can't seem to get very close using the message
format in Axis.

For example, I want to put schemaLocation into the Envelope:

<env:Envelope   xmlns:sma="SMA"
 xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2001/09/soap-envelope"
                                xsi:schemaLocation = "SMA
/xmls/SMAS/SMAS.xsd
                                http://www.w3.org/2001/09/soap-envelope
/xmls/SMAS/soap-envelope.xsd">

But I can't seem to figure out how to get schemaLocation defined.
I also can't seem to change the namespace for the document; it comes out
"soapenv" no matter what I do. I know that's not a big deal, but it means
I don't have control over it and I'm a control freak ;->

On to the header: Here's what I want to produce:

        <env:Header actor = "smas.prod.nscc.com" mustUnderstand = "1">

But the Axis methods only seem to provide for setting actor and
mustUnderstand for a SOAPHeaderElement, so what I get is:

 <soapenv:Header>
  <ns1:SMA_RM soapenv:role="smas.prod.nscc.com" soapenv:mustUnderstand="1"
xmlns
:ns1="SMA_RM"/>
 </soapenv:Header>

I don't know if they are functionally identical.

Try as I might, I could not change the namespace here either ... probably
because of my abject ignorance of most things XML. (I'm not a big fan of
repeating "ns1" and "ns2" all over the place.)

Am I trying to do the impossible? or am I missing the front door and
trying to climb in through the chimney?

  Ken.

--
Ken Kress                                     kkress@bankofny.com
SAS, The Bank of New York                            484.605.4834