axis-java-user mailing list archives

From ian_d_stew...@bankone.com
Subject JDBC, DB2 and AXIS
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 17:41:25 GMT

Dear List,

I'm running into difficulty connecting to a DB2 database via JDBC in AXIS.
I'm hoping someone else has already run across this and developed a
fix/work-around.

If it maters, operating system is RedHat Advanced Server 2.1, database is
IBM DB2 Universal Database Enterprise Edition version 7.2.5 for Linux, AXIS
is version 1.0 and Servlet container is Tomcat 4.1.

>From the command line, I am able to connect, both by the Command Line
Processor and JDBC.  The only requirement being that I need to source the
db2profile first.

I have the following code within the init() method of my Handler, but it
consistently dies with IllegalArgumentException: unknown driver:
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver:

String driver = (String)getOption("driver");

try {
    // register the driver with java.sql.DriverManager
    System.out.println("registering JDBC driver " + driver);
    Class.forName(driver);
}
catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
    throw new IllegalArgumentException("unknown driver: " + driver);
}

I have tried sourcing db2profile in /etc/tomcat4/tomcat4.conf (and have
confirmed that the file is being sourced) but that doesn't seem to make any
difference.

Thanx,
Ian

Ian D. Stewart
Open Systems Engineer II
Enterprise Midrange - Bank One Infrastructure & Operations
ian_d_stewart@bankone.com
(614) 213-6100

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.