axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Barrueto" <pikachu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Beginners questions...
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 08:40:57 GMT
Hello, i am new to SOAP and need some advice.

We are working on a project that consists of a server in java and a client
in c++. I am working on the server side and we agreed that SOAP would be a
good solution to messaging objects with eachother. I am familiar with
general java programming, but am new to SOAP/XML/Servlets. How do i get
started? Can i use a regular socketconnection and inputstream/outputstream
to send SOAP messages to the client? Do i really need to use servlets? Any
help would be great and i feel overwhelmed of this technology!