axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "SECRIST,MARK S (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <mark.secr...@hp.com>
Subject RE: document/literal
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 16:33:35 GMT
No, I don't think it explicitly constructs the SOAP envelope, it does
explicitly construct the body though.  I believe you would do something like
the following to reference the method.

  call.setUseSOAPAction(true);
  call.setSOAPActionURI("yourMethodName");

One key thing to keep in mind in document exchange is that it is
fundamentally a different paradigm from rpc.  Not that the mechanics are
different, but you have to think a little differently.  I think of it as
specifying what method will handle the document I've sent.  It turns out
that Axis will infer the method, especially if you only have one.

Hope this helps,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamas Hauer [mailto:tamas.hauer@cern.ch]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 10:55 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: document/literal

Thanks a lot Mark,

> When you use doc/literal, the operation name generally won't show up as
part
> of the soap body.

So what's the politically correct way of calling the method then?  The
following seems to work but not very pretty:

call.addParameter("methodname", argument_qname ... );
call.invoke( new Object[] { argument } );

> If you have multiple methods supported in the web
> service, you can set SOAPAction to the method name.  Have a look at the
> message example in the samples directory of the Axis distribution.
Although
> I don't personally believe this is the best way to do document exchange
> style web services, it at least gives you an idea of how it can be done in
> Axis.

Thanks, I will look at it carefully.  At first sight this appears to
explicitly construct the soap envelope which is not really what I
would expect to be the most efficient and foolproof way.

Tamas

--      Tamas Hauer          ETT Division, CERN
     Tamas.Hauer@cern.ch      Geneve 23 Switzerland 1211
  http://cern.ch/Tamas.Hauer  Tel:(41)-227672342  Fax:(41)-227678930