axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anjaneya Swamy Varada" <svar...@digitalimpact.com>
Subject RE: accessing web service via https in (Strong Hold/Apache/Tomcat environment)
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 22:00:57 GMT
I was able to do setup "Strong Hold/Apache/Tomcat" environment by doing the following:

	-> Did setup Apache with Strong Hold for serving https requests
	-> Added tomcat to apache
	-> Created one web app for serving normal servlet requests
	-> Created another web app for serving web service requests
	-> Created a java client using JSSE for talking to the web service using a secure URL.

Now my Axis clients are able to talk to my web services in a secure way.

-Swamy

-----Original Message-----
From: Anjaneya Swamy Varada
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 12:06 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: accessing web service via https in (Strong Hold/Apache/Tomcat
environment)

Hi,

How to access a web service if it is setup like this:

	-> Apache Strong Hold serving https requests
	-> Tomcat is added to apache
	-> Tomcat has to handle regular servlets as well as SOAP requests via https

How clients can invoke web services in the above environment using https?

Thanks in advance,
Swamy