axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Green" <david.gr...@maketechnologies.com>
Subject RE: interfaces as params?
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 16:59:33 GMT
I encountered this same problem.  I ended up writing a custom
serializer/deserializer that subclassed from the Bean
serializer/deserializers to do support my interfaces.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Shantanu Sen [mailto:sdsen@pacbell.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 5:11 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: interfaces as params?

I have an interface as follows:

public interface MyOperation extends java.rmi.Remote {

public MyComplex testOperation(java.util.Map map,
                           MyDoc[] docs) throws
                     java.rmi.RemoteException;
}

where MyDoc is defined as:

public interface MyDoc {

public String getName();
public byte[] getBytes();

}

and MyComplex is a concrete class:

public class MyComplex implements Serializable
{
  Map header;
  MyDoc[] payload;
}

Can I  expose MyOperation as a service endpoint?

JAX-RPC states that there can be complex java classes
as a parameter/return type. But what about interfaces?
When I do a Java2WSDL, the MyDoc is written out as
xsd:anyType. But the WSDL2Java will not know how to
re-create the class from xsd:anyType right? Is there
any way I can provide a mapping between the interface
and a concrete class? If so how can I do that?

Is there any way we can have interfaces as method
parameters with AXIS using RPC?

Thanks,
Shantanu Sen