axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jim Poulsen <jpoul...@metamatrix.com>
Subject RE: Axis Exception issue
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 14:16:56 GMT
The exception is being generated by the server when the Call.invoke() method
is being called in the client code.  No, i am not getting any response from
the server.  At least that is what my SOAPMonitor applet shows.  The request
remains 'Active' even after the exception has been received by the client.

Could this be a bug in the SOAPMonitor applet??  Im just nervous about it
because of interoperability issues.   The java client seems to behave as
expected (throwing the server side exception on the Call.invoke() method),
but i am worried about non-axis clients not getting a 'fault' message, or
not getting a response at all.

Thanks again,
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert McIntosh [mailto:REMCINTOSH@kcc.usda.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 9:10 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis Exception issue

This may be a dumb question, but is the exception being generated by the
server or is it a client side exception? Are you getting any response
from the server?

~Robert

>>> jpoulsen@metamatrix.com 05/21/03 09:02AM >>>
Is there anyone out there who can tell me how my Axis test client can
be
receiving an 'Exception' from the call.invoke() method when i dont see
an
Exception or Fault response in the SOAPMonitor App?

How could the client possibly know about the exception when from the
SOAPMonitor applet it appears that no message is being returned to the
client??

Thanks for your help,

Jim