axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Trieu, Jason T - CNF" <Trieu.Ja...@cnf.com>
Subject RE: Redeployment shortcuts anyone?
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 16:28:07 GMT
Instead of stop/start Tomcat, you can do a reload of Axis via the Tomcat's
manager function.  This takes much less time then waiting for Tomcat to stop
& start.  You can also reload via Ant which then you can automate
compile+copy+reload in all one step.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: easter [mailto:easter@free.fr]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 4:39 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Redeployment shortcuts anyone?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had development any shortcuts (or I'm missing
something big in Axis) to help me speed up development of my web service.
Each time I modify it's code, I recopy the jar files to the Axis root,
and do an undeploy/deploy as usual, followed by a stop/start of my Tomcat
server so the new classes will be loaded.

This takes and unreasonable amount of my time, so surely I'm not the
first one to have this problem.
Is there no mechanism like the Tomcat deploy/undeploy which uses a
different classloader each time something is deployed?

I'm also pretty amazed that the Axis deployment doesn't allow you to
upload your files, rather than copy them directly to a disk location,
although I suppose this would be planned for some later version.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated to help my speed up my
development iterations.

Cheers.
WH