axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Clover, James" <James.Clo...@disney.com>
Subject RE: AvalonProvider and AvalonAxisServlet how should it work?
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 15:37:44 GMT
I've got a version that is a combination of ivory and the AvalonProvider
that works very nicely.  I'll be glad to hand it over to Axis if
desired.  At the moment it's only Fortress compliant, not a Pheonix
server app.

James

(P.S. Otherwise, Peter - I can send it to you directly).

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Klotz [mailto:pklotz@iconet.wn.bawue.de]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 5:41 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: AvalonProvider and AvalonAxisServlet how should it work?

Hi,

The AvalonProvider that is available as a patch to Axis 1.1 seems to be
a highly wanted integration into Avalon Containers but it it not
completely clear to me how it is supposed to work?
Especially the sample AvalonAxisServlet in samples/avalon simply creates

a new component manager, but that is not usefully at all because usually

one uses a container such as Phoenix that is created when starting the
server! So the problem how this damn Servlet gets the
Phoenix-ContainerManager is still not solved in this way?

There is this Avalon provider from the Ivory Plexus project but that
doesn't help anything either because it is only usable with the Plexus
container and I and probably many others need Phoenix!

There must be people out there that use this AvalonProvider from Axis
and can tell me how it is supposed to work, please?

Thanks a lot, Peter