axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Waldrop <su...@well.com>
Subject Re: How to supress Axis logging?
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 17:31:49 GMT
On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 09:57  AM, Ekbote, Niranjan wrote:
> Secondly, I think the purpose
> was to selectively disable all Axis logging. That is I need a debug
> log, but
> no log records from Axis into it. I don't think so you can do it using
> properties file.

The properties file I sent does that, unless I'm misunderstanding your
point. It logs only INFO and higher level messages to the logfile from
Axis, while another application is logging DEBUG messages. If you want
to completely eliminate Axis messages you could simply set a null
appender for the category, but personally I find getting WARN+ messages
in my log is helpful, since it helps me debug serialization problems.

> And yes you can specify category levels using XML
> congifurator, infact I think XML based config files provide many more
> options than a simple properties file.

I'm certainly not trying to argue that properties files are better than
XML -- you should configure Log4J however you like. I simply cut and
paste the example from development I'm currently doing, since I believe
it accomplishes the stated goal and does not involve writing custom
filters.

James