axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Duane Gran <dg...@spinweb.net>
Subject Re: File upload example
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 17:22:27 GMT
Bruno,

I cut my teeth on this one recently, so I'll be happy to share what I
have.  From what I've seen, there are two typical ways of doing this
from the client side:

1) Encode the attachment as a DataHandler, serialize it and send it as
a parameter
2) Like above, encode as a DataHandler and put into an attachment (dime
or mime)

My code supports both ways, but at the moment I prefer #2.  Someone
else may be able to shed more light, but it seems to have more promise
for interoperability, but at this time my environment is Java-only, so
that is just conjecture on my part.

My application deals specifically with converting a binary file (MARC)
into an XML format (MARCXML), so don't get hung up on the extraneous
details.  In MarcXmlMapper the key parts to look at are the two convert
methods and getAttachments.  The TextMarcXmlMapper is a JUnit test that
loosely ensures that the connection was accepted and some manner of
String data came back.  The test is pretty weak right now, but it will
do.  I am including my wsdd file if that may be helpful.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Duane