axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stocker, Walter" <Walter.Stoc...@t-systems.com>
Subject AW: Authenticating the caller
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 15:29:33 GMT
You can also set the system properties with the CATALINA_OPTS environment
variable, while starting up tomcat. I think, that there was also a similar environment
variable for axis. but i'm not sure.

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bobak, Greg P. [mailto:GregBobak@ColeNational.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Mai 2003 17:23
An: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Betreff: RE: Authenticating the caller

This is how I did it:

Set up HTTP Server to use SSL following instructions for that server.

Put SSL certificate (extract it using keyman or some other tool) in Java Key Store for client.

Add this code to your client:

import javax.net.ssl.*;
import java.security.*;
.
.
.
//blah blah
.
.
.
if (endpoint.startsWith("https") {
 try{
 //********** Adding HTTPS support ******************//
 // HTTPS - SSL
 // Get certificate -- your browser normally does this.
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword", keyStorePassword);
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStore", keyStore);
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", trustStorePassword);
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", trustStore);

// Add https protocol support
System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
                   "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");

// Add SSL Provider
java.security.Security.addProvider(new
                  com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

//********** End of HTTPS support ***********//
 } catch(Exception e){
  log.error("Error setting protocol:  " + e);
 }
}

Do Axis Service and Call after.

G.