axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Black <jbl...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: servlets and services
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 16:16:43 GMT
eddie johnston wrote:

>Here's the output from log file: It seems to be a
>java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError, I'm not sure that it's a problem
>with an unfound jar file as I've expanded all of the relevant jars in
>/lib.
>
>Thanks for the reply though, any more clues!?

  Try putting the axis jar files in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext and all the
java applications will find it. Then, restart the tomcat server.

  Hopefully you have the web service client as a bean, and you have used
it in a command-line program for debugging, and then just reused the
bean in the servlet.
  I have found it best to have classes I can test and reuse.

  You can also try using the cactus framework,
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/index.html, and use unit testing. I
haven't tried this yet, but it is on my list of things to do. <g>

--
"We do not lose our identity in our relations with others; in part, at least, we achieve our
identity by those relations." Tony Blair, 1993