axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Luc Neulens <luc.neul...@acunia.com>
Subject Re: exceptions creating wsdl
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:20:32 GMT
Peter,

thx for replying. But using Array instead of List is the last option that
we will use. There are a lot of methods returning a List and people
(developers) already use them in their in own components. So changing this
to Arrays would mean a lot of refactoring. Is there really no way to go
around with java.util.List and axis?

Creating the WSDD using SOAP I added the CollectionSerializer to
serialize and desrialize the List and this works fine.

Any suggestions???

Peter Norrhall schreef:

>Use Array instead of List.
>
>Regards,
>
>Peter
>
>Luc Neulens wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>

>>I have this exception when generating a wsdl. The method that I want to be
>>included in the wsdl returns a java.util.List. Any one knows the story?
>>Help would be appreciated because other methods seem to work and I am
>>blocked on this one.
>>

>>thx in advance.
>>

>>WARNING: The class java.util.List is defined in a java or javax package
>>and cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType
>>will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.
>>WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find prefix for
>>'http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding'. Namespace prefixes must be set
>>on the Definition object using the addNamespace(...) method.:
>>

>>Luc

Luc