axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Pannier" <Steve_Pannier....@jacada.com>
Subject RE: Capitalization issue with Java2WSDL
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:11:51 GMT

I'm aware of the coding standards, etc.  I probably should have
explained that the service code I'm working with is generated within
a GUI which allows the user to design/create service methods; they
can define variables, parameters, data types, and programmatic
flow.  If the name of a variable or type element they have defined
starts with an upper case letter (or ,for that matter, is all uppercase
or any other valid Java identifier), then the code that gets generated
for the service reflects that.

What we're seeing is clients that are generated using our wsdl are
expecting something called "str1" (using the example below), when
what they actually receive on the wire is "Str1".

If indeed what your reply states is the reason for Java2WSDL's
behavior, that's OK - I'm willing to accept that.  I just wanted to get
some insight as to why it behaves this way, and get a better feel
for what I'm up against here.

Thanks for your reply.  Any other comments on this?

Steve Pannier
Jacada, Inc.
(763) 201-0002 Ext. 219
spannier@jacada.com