axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Aaron.Kn...@vodafone.co.nz
Subject RE: General Approach
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 00:59:36 GMT

Another way to approach this might be to create a wrapper for the class
that you want to expose and ensure that the wrapper does comply with the
standards required for Axis to correctly generate the RPC code.  Then you
don't need to maintain the generated code (it should just work).

My own SOAP RPC client code does not use any kind of axis code at all.  I
use JAX-RPC (with axis as the underlying implementation) and can make a
call to a web service in around 3 lines of code.

Cheers

ADK

There is no magic.

                    Frank Apap

                    <fsa3@optonlin       To:     axis-user@ws.apache.org

                    e.net>               cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: General Approach

                    04/17/2003

                    12:31 PM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-user

Well I'm kind of new to this myself.  Here are my thoughts (if I am
wrong please tell me I'm interested in learning the 'right' way):

#3 - I had trouble using ?WSDL method for generating the WSDL.  It
didn't seem to correctly create it (at least for a client applications
use).  It seemed to create different namespace then java2Wsdl (which is
what I now use.)

#4 - The use of wsdl2java is/was a source of great confusion for me.  I
don't see its benefits at least for my use.  It was much easier for met
to create my own client code with about 20 lines of code then have to
figure out what the generated code was doing.  That's just my opinion;
maybe I was using it wrong.

/Frank