axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
Subject Re: .NET and AXIS Interop - Please Help!!
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 12:36:26 GMT


You said that  you had a problem with an extra character in the SOAP xml
from a .NET client.

 "An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x0) was found in markup after the end
of the element content."

I have noticed a similar problem when sample XML messages I use for testing
are opened with MS Word. Extra characters are inserted at the begining and
end of the file.   I am using xerces to parse the XML and I get the same
parse exception.  My temporary solution was to remove everything outside of
the start/end tags.

I wonder if this is a feature in all Microsoft products.

Is the XML valid if there are extra characters outside of the start/end


"Joshi, Parag" <> on 04/03/2003 09:18:31 PM

Please respond to

To:   "''" <>

Subject:  .NET and AXIS Interop - Please Help!!


I have written a Java client program using axis 1.0 and the program sends
SOAP message to my webservice written in Microsoft .NET environment. The
.NET Webservice successfully receives the request and returns a response
indicating success. I used XMLSpy to check request and response messages
and they seem fine (almost same except request header replaced by
But, my Java client shows the following exception parsing the SOAP

SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x0) was found in
markup after the end of the element content.

I did see an extra character (which might be 0x0) at the end of response
message coming from .NET. It is the last character in the message. I do not
control XML SOAP message generation because it is done by .NET. Is there
anyway for me to make the SAX parser ignore that extra character at the

On another machine with similar setup I get a slightly different exception:
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in
trailing section.

The exception trace is included below.

I will greatly appreciate any help!!


     [java] AxisFault
     [java]  faultCode: {}Server.userException
     [java]  faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML
r (Unicode: 0x0) was found in markup after the end of the element content.
     [java]  faultActor: null
     [java]  faultDetail:
     [java]     stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML
ter (Unicode: 0x0) was found in markup after the end of the element
     [java]     at
     [java]     at

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including
any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error,
please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in
electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

View raw message