axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Herrick, Mike" <mike_herr...@mentorg.com>
Subject re post: Enum deserialization problem
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 17:34:36 GMT
Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Herrick, Mike
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 2:04 PM
To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Subject: Enum deserialization problem

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting Axis to deserialize correctly when I use an enum in my doc/lit
WSDL (attached).

Axis generates the .wsdd fine, deploys ok, but at runtime doesn't fill in the value on the
client side (specifically I'm using the test case generated by Axis).  On the wire (i.e.,
TCPMonitor), Axis fills in a value for the enum (i.e., server side I set it and it unwinds
it), but the client won't deserialize it.  A .NET client, does unwind it, however.  When I
ran a debugger on the generated source I could see that the setter fro the enum never gets
called ... so the value is null.  Is this because I have a class that requires a BeanDeserializerFactory
containing the enum which requires a EnumDeserializerFactory (i.e., some sort of reflection
problem)? Or do I have to handle this type of thing explicitly (i.e., modify the generated
Deserializer or write one from scratch)?

Best regards,

Mike

 <<PubSubService.wsdl>>