axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shellman, Joel" <Joel.Shell...@summit.fiserv.com>
Subject Throwing exceptions back to webservice.htc
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:49:45 GMT
We were now easily able to serialize an Exception back by:

  1) Having our exception extend AxisFault
  2) Override the writeDetails method with:

	public void writeDetails(QName qname, SerializationContext context) throws java.io.IOException
{
		BeanSerializer bean = new BeanSerializer(ServiceException.class, qname);
		bean.serialize(qname, null, this, context);
	}

Our next trick is to deserialize that in webservice.htc.

Has anyone modified webservice.htc to handle exceptions like that?

Thanks,

Joel Shellman