axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Dillon (ext. 944)" <Brian.Dil...@fineos.com>
Subject RE: Axis with VB Client
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:11:43 GMT
hi,

It seems the problem with using a VB client and Axis is the xsi:type
information is missing from the MSSoap message. Has anyone come across this
and found a solution ? Since I am using custom types (and have defined XSDs)
I don't want to have to revert to using only strings in my webservices.

Brian.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Dillon (ext. 944) [mailto:Brian.Dillon@fineos.com]
Sent: 15 April 2003 10:49
To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Subject: Axis with VB Client

Hi,

Has anyone got Axis working with a Visual Basic client ? I am using Axis 1
and MS SOAP 3.0. When I invoke I get the exception

'org.xml.sax.SAXExceptiion: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element,
which is NOT expected, in something that it was trying to deserialize'

An Axis client can invoke fine against the same service, so I am presuming
that it is something to do with my WSDL ? The wsdl I am using is shown
below.

Any help with this would be much appreciated as I have been trying different
things for a few days with no success.

Thanks,

Brian.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://wsdlService"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:impl="http://wsdlService" xmlns:intf="http://wsdlService"
xmlns:ta="http://www.fineos.com/XMLSchema/ta"
	<wsdl:types>
		<schema targetNamespace="http://www.fineos.com/XMLSchema/ta"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
	        <import
namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
            <xsd:include schemaLocation="Ta.xsd"/>
		</schema>
	</wsdl:types>

				<wsdl:message name="FnNoParmRequest">
					<wsdl:part name="in0"
type="ta:RequestContext"/>
				</wsdl:message>
				<wsdl:message name="FnNoParmResponse">
				</wsdl:message>

			   <wsdl:portType name="GaragePortType">
			      <wsdl:operation name="FnNoParm"
parameterOrder="in0">
        			<wsdl:input message="impl:FnNoParmRequest"
name="FnNoParmRequest"/>
				    <wsdl:output
message="impl:FnNoParmResponse" name="FnNoParmResponse"/>
         		  </wsdl:operation>
			   </wsdl:portType>

  			 <wsdl:binding name="GarageSoapBinding"
type="impl:GaragePortType">
      				<wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
			      <wsdl:operation name="FnNoParm">
        				<wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
				       <wsdl:input name="FnNoParmRequest">
            					<wsdlsoap:body
namespace="http://wsdlService" use="encoded"/>
			         	</wsdl:input>
         				<wsdl:output
name="FnNoParmResponse">
           					 <wsdlsoap:body
namespace="http://wsdlService" use="encoded"/>
					 </wsdl:output>
			      </wsdl:operation>
	   		</wsdl:binding>

	  		 <wsdl:service name="Garage/TestService1">
      				<wsdl:port binding="impl:GarageSoapBinding"
name="Garage/TestService1">
				       <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Garage/TestService1"/>
			      </wsdl:port>
			   </wsdl:service>

		</wsdl:definitions>

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential,
may be privileged and is intended only for the use of the
recipient named above. If you are not the intended
recipient or a representative of the intended recipient,
you have received this e-mail in error and must not copy,
use or disclose the contents of this email to anybody
else. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
permanently delete the copy you received. This email has
been swept for computer viruses. However, you should
carry out your own virus checks.

Registered in Ireland, No. 205721. http://www.FINEOS.com