axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "dumdum 420" <dumdum...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AXIS Client : need help WSDL2JAVA
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:35:47 GMT
Thanx a lot it works for me now. Figured out from the examples.

I think one should avoid shortcuts and do these tutorials religiouly before
going ahead. Got the client work by invoking the stub using the RPC method
by accessing the endpoint URL.

Thanx,

BP

From: "Richard Musser" <richardm@eurekasoft.com>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Subject: RE: AXIS Client : need help WSDL2JAVA
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:00:44 -0500

I skimmed through that tutorial and I think the main confusion in that
sample is that he runs WSDL2Java once, creating both the server and client
side and putting it all into one jar.  Normally you don't do that.  For the
client side, start in new directory and run WSDL2Java to create the client
side stub, pointing at your WSDL.  Then you can create your client from
there totally independant of your servier-side code.

Try the samples included with the Axis User Guide for step-by-step help.