axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Volkmann, Mark" <Mark.Volkm...@AGEDWARDS.com>
Subject first call slow
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:27:45 GMT
The first call to each web service from each new client takes significantly
longer than subsequent calls.  This true of Axis and other web service
toolkits.  Can someone briefly describe the reasons for this and what it
going on behind the scenes?  I imagine it has something to do with
establishing a connection, but Axis doesn't use HTTP keep-alive so it's not
clear to me why subsequent calls should be so much faster.

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.