axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sochea Meas (LMC)" <Sochea.M...@ericsson.ca>
Subject RE: Simple technical question
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:54:08 GMT
Thank you for your answer!

But I assume the code generator is using some kind of parser isn't it? Because something has
to tell the generator: "Look, if it is xsd:String, this is a string in Java, if it is a xsd:int
it is an int in Java..." and that "thing" what is it?

if it is ambiguous, let me know... Thanks for your help again! :o)

-----
Sochea MEAS, intern
LMC/JG/A department
Ericsson Communication Canada

telephone: 514-345-7900 ext. 3432
email: Sochea.Meas@ericsson.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:anne@manes.net]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 4:42 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Simple technical question

WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL are tools -- code generators. You use WSDL2Java to generate client
proxies and server skeletons. You use Java2WSDL to generate a WSDL document to describe your
service.

The de/serialization process is performed by the serialization framework in Axis. It converts
Java to XML and XML to Java at runtime based on the WSDL descriptions and information defined
in the Web Service Deployment Descriptor (WSDD) -- which may point to custom de/serializer
classes.

Regards,
Anne