axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sochea Meas (LMC)" <Sochea.M...@ericsson.ca>
Subject RE: [newbie] cannot access page!!!
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:25:01 GMT
You do't have to change anything in tomcat or axis. The only thing you have to do is unzip
axis, take axis directory located in ${AXIS}\webapps then copy it into ${TOMCAT}\webapps

Nothing else to do! :o)

-----
Sochea MEAS, intern
LMC/JG/A department
Ericsson Communication Canada

telephone: 514-345-7900 ext. 3432
email: Sochea.Meas@ericsson.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkatesh Kancharla [mailto:venkatesh@strandgenomics.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 11:21 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: [newbie] cannot access page!!!

This is how I have done this...

I have placed this xml(axis.xml) file in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps folder.
maybe u can try this... Just modify docBase to ur axis(AXIS/webapps/axis)
folder.

<!--

    Context configuration file for the Tomcat Administration Web App

-->

<Context path="/axis" docBase="../../xml-axis-10/webapps/axis"
        debug="0" privileged="true">

  <!-- Uncomment this Valve to limit access to the Admin app to localhost
   for obvious security reasons. Allow may be a comma-separated list of
   hosts (or even regular expressions).
  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
    allow="127.0.0.1"/>
  -->

             prefix="axis_log." suffix=".txt"
          timestamp="true"/>

</Context>

Venkatesh Kancharla
Associate (Software)
Strand Genomics (http://www.strandgenomics.com
Bangalore, India.
Ph no: 3918992,93, 94, 95 (ext-210)

      If Necessity Is the Mother of Invention,
         then frustration Is Its Father
	                 		-unknown

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Nisha Menon wrote:

> no no... i placed what was there (the entire "axis" folder) in my AXIS_HOME/webapps directory
into mt TOMCAT_HOME
> webapps directory just as it sez in the installation directions...

i can access the index