axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ekbote, Niranjan" <NEkb...@doubleclick.net>
Subject WSDL2Java + DataHandler?
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:49:58 GMT
I have a WebService method which returns a DataHandler object. I am using
the EchoAttachments sample as a reference to implement it. However, when a
deploy the webservice and look at the generated WSDL, the DataHandler object
does not get defined well-enough. What I mean is that if I use the dynamic
invocation (using the Call object) and able to send and receive attachments
using the DataHandler object. But when I try to generate stubs using
WSDL2Java, the emitter throws a IOException complaining about the type for
DataHandler. It will help a lot to know whether this is supported at all in
WSDL2Java/Java2WSDL. And if so what steps should I take so that WSDL2Java
can understand the DataHandler object.

Thanks!

- N