axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [java.util.List and 1.1.RC2]
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:46:49 GMT
Jim,
There seem to be two separate issues here.

The one (which bug 8435 addresses) is how to emulate an enumeration type,
which of course is not natively supported in Java. I could have sworn recently
I saw (maybe on this list) a roundabout example how to code a Java class that
Axis would recognize as an enumeration. The class made use of public constants
together with getters/setters. It would be helpful if bug 8435’s text was
amended with this example.

The other issue (which you appear to be interested in) concerns support for
the collections classes/interfaces in the java.util package. It seems to me
that collections should NOT be supported because such support is not
prescribed by JAX-RPC 1.0. Literal arrays with [] only.

However, I have experimented with Axis 1.1 RC2 and noticed that Java2WSDL does
try to deal with a java.util.ArrayList and the like. My generated WSDL winds
up with the following:
<complexType name="Array">
___<complexContent>
______<restriction base="soapenc:Array">
_________<attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="" />
______</restriction>
___</complexContent>
</complexType>

This type seems meaningless and potentially dangerous because it’s an array
of what? The wsdl:arrayType=“”. I’m curious what else needs to be done
to get this to work. Not that it necessarily should work, though.

"Brain, Jim" <JBrain@Aegonusa.com> wrote:
Does anyone know if:

Bugzilla Bug 8435
  [xsd:list] WSDL2Java doesn't handle schema <list> enumerations

has been fixed.  I don't know how current Bugzilla is, though I concerned it
is, as this seems to preclude the use of AXIS for our project (makes heavy
use of Lists)

Jim

Jim Brain, jbrain@aegonusa.com <mailto:jbrain@aegonusa.com>
"Researching tomorrow's decisions today."
(319) 369-2070 (work)
Systems Architect, ITS, AEGON Financial Partners