axis-java-user mailing list archives

From remko de knikker <remko.deknik...@yale.edu>
Subject error solved ->Re: wsdl part question + wsdl-query error: namespace prefixes must be set
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:21:10 GMT
The deployment descriptor apparently did not recognize 'style=java:MSG'
and registered it as 'style=rpc' which caused it not to recognize the
method signatures.
re-deploying it with 'style=message' solved the problem. I am almost
positive that I read somewhere in the documentation that this was
allowed, but I must be wrong.

remko

remko de knikker wrote:

> 2 questions:
> 1. Can I specify a more detailed data structure for input and output
> in the generated wsdl? (see explanation below: more according to
> actual XML structure instead of generated
>
>type="impl:ArrayOf_apachesoap_Element")
>

> 2. Why does the error occur?
>
> Thanks, explanation below:
>
> I have set up a simple webservice, the client calls the service with
>
> 'public Element[] method(Element[] elems)'
>
> and the ?wsdl query works fine.
> But the wsdl description for the input and output is too generic:
>
>  <wsdl:message name="method1Request">
>    <wsdl:part name="elems" type="impl:ArrayOf_apachesoap_Element"/>
>  </wsdl:message>
>
> Where I need to specify the input structure more concretely according
> to this schema:
>     <xs:element name="requestmsg1">
>         <xs:complexType>
>             <xs:sequence>
>                 <xs:element name="spotid" minOccurs="1" type="xs:string"/>
>             </xs:sequence>
>         </xs:complexType>
>     </xs:element> For this I want to use the methods:
>
> 'public void method(SOAPEnvelope req1, SOAPEnvelope resp1)'
>
> or
>
> 'public Document method(Document body1)'
>
> so I can build the XML structure myself and control the output/input.
> But I get this error:
>

>     AXIS error
>
> Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:
>
>Fault - ; nested exception is:
>	WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find prefix for 'http://soap.xml.javax'.
Namespace prefixes must be set on the Definition object using the addNamespace(...) method.: