axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jon Barber <jon.bar...@acm.org>
Subject Re: From a Web Start client.
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:13:16 GMT
brent.parsons@alliance-pipeline.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am attempting to try to invoke web services from a swing client, which
>works fine, but from within the restrictions of the Web Start environment.
>It is not ok to have to sign the app. The question is being asked in the
>context of calling the web service directly from the Web Started Client.
>
>I am wondering if there is a way to get it to go, or is this something that
>I have to wait for until the framework is modified to work correctly in a
>restricted run time environment.

Hi Brent,

I am doing exactly what you are trying to do, and Axis works fine when
you sign the web start jars. In fact, I think it will only work when you
do this for several reasons.

The main one is that for a web start app to connect to a server other
than the one it was downloaded from it must have extra permissions
enabled, and for this it must be signed.

Jon.