axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: java.util.List and 1.1.RC2
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:08:17 GMT
Brain, Jim wrote:
> Does anyone know if:
>
> Bugzilla Bug 8435
>   [xsd:list] WSDL2Java doesn't handle schema <list> enumerations

if its open, its probably open; you can always write a test to make sure.

Note that is the special case of a list enum, not a simple list. The way
.NET serialises a bitfield enum with things like
  foo=1
  bar=2
and a value of foo | bar is to pump out
< >foo bar</ >

which axis doesnt handle. These are not java lists, which you seem to be
talking about

> has been fixed.  I don't know how current Bugzilla is, though I concerned it
> is, as this seems to preclude the use of AXIS for our project (makes heavy
> use of Lists)

On the contrary, you have an opportunity to customise axis to meet your
needs, and contribute something back to the community.