axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gurkan, Ozzie (MAN-Corporate)" <Ozzie.Gur...@cox.com>
Subject RE: Turning off ?wsdl feature
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:46:48 GMT
Mike, I believe I understand what you mean now. The <wsdlFile> entry can be
replace with a URL, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a physical resource
such as a file. I will have to give that a shot to see if it works. I
probably have to give it an absolute URL for it work, though. Is this what
you meant?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Burati [mailto:mburati@bowstreet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 4:44 PM
To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Turning off ?wsdl feature

You lost me - not sure why you'd want it to be /axis*?wsdl...

The article describes how in the WSDD deployment descriptor, you would go
about changing the URL used for that service, for retrieving WSDL.  That URL
can be a resource in your WAR - it does not have to be under /axis/* - you
could have it be /myservice or similar (I believe, I haven't tried it, just
read the article).  Then you in your web.xml could say that /myservice
requests should go to a servlet that you wrote yourself or to a JSP page,
and then in that servlet or JSP, you could dispatch to the right WSDL file
for the client (eg, if you wanted each client to have a different set of
<documentation> elements in the WSDL)...

Without knowing what you're trying to do different for each client, that's
about the best suggestion I have at the moment...